Dermaplaning removes facial hair, fine wrinkles and acne scarring leaving you with smoother skin.
What is Dermaplaning? Dermaplaning is a simple and safe exfoliation technique as well as a procedure for ridding the face and neck of the fine vellus hair also known as “peach fuzz”.
Dermaplaning works by Gently scraping the top layer of the skin, removing dead skin cells and stimulating new skin cell growth. Fine hair is also removed in the process, leaving a youthful and vibrant complexion. This popular procedure does not change the histology of the hair. Hair will not grow back darker or thicker!
Additional Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Increased absorption of active products
- Increases the firmness and elasticity of the skin
- Overall appearance of the skin improves
- Stimulates circulation
How often do I need to do dermaplaning?
Simply, average dermaplaning is done every 4 to 6 weeks. Once your received you first treatment you will become aware of when you feel the next treatment is necessary. JoAnn Francis Medical will schedule you out 4 weeks and then you will determine if you would extended it another week or two depending on how your face looks and feels.
- Does it hurt? No, it’s pain free and probably more relaxing than not
- Any Downtime? Nope, you can resume more activities right after the treatment
- What will I experience after the treatment? Some individuals may experience slight redness which quickly subsides. It is recommended to avoid sun, sweating and heat for 24 hours, just like any other professional exfoliation treatment.
- What about those who are pregnant? Safe and relaxing for our pregnant patients
- Is it safe for all skin types? Yep! No restriction on skin tone